The Gata’s shopkeepers have met in the Church Square to get inked the fair in their skin
This afternoon, wednesday 4th october at 16h, shops and neighbours of the town have gone out to the street and they have gone to the Church Square to get inked the fair in their skin.
They are proud of their fair and their town and they have decided to present the fair together, showing that the strength comes in numbers.
The association “Comerç de Gata” have printed tattoos to share out between shopkeepers, neighbours and visitants to show the fair is consolidated celebrating this year its 14th edition.
The association president, Paqui Signes Soler, have explain all you can see in the fair and she have said that the fair is not just for 15 minuts, people come to the fair and spend more than half day.
- “volta en carro” that is loved for children and olders.
- music: concerts, and parades that liven up the fair during two days as Batucada parade or Xirimiters or CODA concerts or Rondalla concert with traditional dances.
- street performances: ballet, children’s dances…
- children’s fashion show
- children activities: children’s play area, eco karts, creche, river stones painting, face painting, children’s story time in English, musical workshops like battery, karaoke or shakers, zip-line…
- 5th chess tournament
- exhibition of breeds of birds
- artisans market
- needlework exhibition
- exhibition of basket weaving, patchwork and sewing.
- rest area
- indoor Art al Vent show
- classic vehicles exhibition
- motor fair
- trade fair
- food exhibition
- coldmeat and figatells tasting, mini hamburguesas
- and there is a food area in C/ La Pau where you can lunch, or just have an snack to recharge one’s batteries and carry on with the fair.
- the NGO have always a place in the fair too.
Trade Councilor of the town, Angels Soler, have been pointed out that the Councilorship of Culture has prepared a varied offer of culture activities as exhibitions, musical performances, theatre, and guided tours to know a little bit more the town.